26 June 2020
Self-care... a topic which is close to my heart - and one I wasn't always good at doing!
How are you with self-care? I hope really good and that all that's written in this newsletter will be confirmation of what you are doing well. Many of us have had a long-standing habit of putting everyone else first and even to feel guilty when we make time to treat or be kind to ourselves. How crazy is that???
There are so many aspects to this topic of Nurturing Ourselves and they all contribute to our Resilience - which you know I am such an advocate of building!
In this issue, I am delighted to bring you:
- An article from a real expert in self-care, Cynthia Moloney. She shares her knowledge of Essential Oils and how they can contribute to our physical and mental well being.
- A challenge I'm setting you for the next 30 Days!
- Other Helpful Resources
- Details about my upcoming workshop "Building Resilience When You Need it the Most!
All the best!
SELF CARE: Building a Strong Foundation with Essential Oils
Essential oils are a simple and effective way to improve our health - and to nurture ourselves! The quality of the oils are important and using them in the correct ways. Here are some of the recommended guidelines for usage with suggestions to get the most benefit from them too.
Medicinal grade essential oils give powerful benefits with 3 simple methods of using them:
- Aromatically: emotional balance, mood, cognitive function, breathing pathways, immune system, and cleansing the air.
- Topically: for specific locations on the body that need support, cellular & immune systems, and digestion.
Internally: for cellular benefits, metabolism, immune system, energy, and digestion. Using essential oils for your everyday self-care can be as easy as:
- placing a drop into a glass of water for gentle cleansing,
- applying them to your joints and muscles after moving your body,
- rubbing them on the bottom of your feet before bed or as needed throughout a stressful day,
- cleaning surfaces and air to reduce your exposure to harmful chemicals,
- applying every morning as a preventative measure.
There are many things in the marketplace that are labeled as ‘Essential Oils’… Buyer Beware ⚠️
Do your research when you desire to improve your overall wellbeing. It’s important to ask where and how the oils are sourced, what types of tests are done to ensure purity and efficacy, and the ethical treatment of farmers who work hard to bring these options into our homes.
Would you like to learn which essential oils would be most beneficial to your unique needs? Visit cynthiagene.com to take the 3 Minute Vitality Survey and receive a free customized report.
To Your Health & Vitality!
The Natural Health Coach & Consultant
This month's challenge is short and sweet!
For the next 30 days take time each day to do something nice for yourself. Put time aside each and every day to do something you enjoy and find relaxing. It may only be 10 or 15 minutes to start with but the consistency of putting yourself first for these few minutes will pay dividends. We are so used to putting everyone else first but now it's time to 'put the oxygen mask on ourselves first'!
Schedule some small piece of fun, relaxation, and/or enjoyment into your daily routine. With consistent practice, it will become a natural part of your life.
Cynthia also shared these few tips about releasing the stress and anxiety we often carry with us:
1. Close your eyes and take 10 slow and steady deep breaths. Try to forget what is on your to-do list and recognize the energy your body gains just from breathing. You may want to incorporate an oil that promotes calming and relaxing qualities such as Blue Tansy or Lavender.
2. Lay down on a flat surface or seated with your feet flat on the floor and hands relaxed in your lap, close your eyes, and think about your fingers, arms, shoulders, kneck, legs, and feet to find where you are holding your tension from the day. Consider using an oil that helps with grounding such as Frankincense or doTERRA Balance®.
3. Find something or someone that can make you laugh. Laughter releases hormones that help boost immunity and strengthen social relations. Try Wild Orange or Elevation to help enhance your energy and mood.
And here are 12 Ways to Take Better Care of Yourself from Dr. Tchiki Davis in Psychology Today.
"Building Your Resilience When You Need it Most"
How to feel less stressed and remain calm and focused in these challenging times!
Having delivered this successful workshop in both Sheridan, Wyoming and Chicago, Illinois, I'm now offering it virtually.
A virtual 2-session workshop where you will learn how to:
- Lower stress in your body
- Manage feelings of overwhelm
- Feel more equipped to deal with challenges
- Become more socially connected!
Additionally, you will receive two 1:1 Coaching Sessions with Kathleen to:
- Discuss your personalised Action Plan, any obstacles that may arise, and accountability.
- Celebrate your successes, understand the challenges you might be experiencing, and plan how best to move forward.
This workshop is loaded with tools and resources
to help you Build Resilience and Stay in the Flow!
Click here for more details and to register!
CONNECT WITH ME
Subscribe to my newsletter